Optimal DHEA 25 mg supplies 25mg of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) per capsule for the synthesis of important hormones and for a variety of potential physiological responses such as healthy aging, ongoing energy and vitality, and a balanced stress response, as well as muscle integrity and fat reduction.**
Certain situations can cause the body to slow its natural DHEA production, such as:
- Emotional or physical stress
- Some medications
- Dieting or a vegetarian diet
Benefits of DHEA
- Weight management – DHEA supports healthy fat burning and thermogenesis (the process by which the body raises its temperature or energy output, helping you to burn off more calories). It also supports healthy blood sugar control.
- Menopause/Perimenopause support – Helps to lessen the symptoms women occasionally experience with reduced estrogen production. DHEA also encourages a sense of well being and supports bone health.
- Stress support – Physical and emotional stress can potentially interfere in the body’s natural production of DHEA. Supplementation may help maintain healthy levels of DHEA during these times by counteracting the effects of the stress hormone cortisol (produced by the adrenal glands).
- Medication treatment support – Can help support adrenal system during treatment with corticosteroid drugs.
- Healthy aging – Helps to maintain healthy levels of estrogen and testosterone as we age. It can help preserve vitality, bone /muscle health, and sexual health.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Take 1 capsule per day with a meal or as directed by your health-care practitioner.
Do not use if pregnant, nursing, or planning to become pregnant. If using any hormonal products, consult your health-care practitioner before using DHEA.